Holiday 2017 Card Making Series - Simple Holiday Card with Distress Inks and Nuvo Mousses


Hello everyone! Today I am back with the second card for my Holiday 2017 card making series! If you follow me on Instagram or on Facebook, you'll have already seen this card - I finally got around to editing and uploading the video tutorial, so I am here to share it with you today!
The card per se is pretty simple: some ink blending and some playing around with Nuvo mousses, but I think the result is really beautiful!
For my card base I blended Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch on some Canson XL watercolor cardstock, and I added some water splashes. Once the background was dry I took a stencil by Craftin Desert Divas and I used in combination with my Nuvo Mousse in Powder Blue. I used a spatula to lay down the Nuvo Mousse on my card, and I left it to air dry.
For the die cut sentiment I did some more ink blending using the same colors of  Distress Inks on a separate piece of watercolor cardstock, and I used one of the dies in the Craftin Desert Divas Wishing set to cut out the word "wishing". I used the second die in the set to cut the outline from some white glitter cardstock.
I stamped the second part of the sentiment, from the Craftin Desert Divas Sending Sentiments stamp set, on some white cardstock. I cut the top of this white panel with the outline die in the Craftin Desert Divas Wishing to obtain and inlaid die cut look, and I glued it to my card base.
I then used the stencil and blended some Shaded Lilac on the sentiment panel, so that the snowflake design looks continuous across the card.
As a last step I glued the die cut word using some liquid glue
If you are curious to see the whole card making process, you can watch the video below. And don't forget to let me know what you think about it! 




And that's it for today's post! I really hope you liked the card and enjoyed the video! I will be back soon for another fun project, and in the meantime I wish you all a great day

List of Supplies

Craftin Desert Divas Snowflakes Flurries Stencil
Craftin Desert Divas Wishing dies
Craftin Desert Divas Sending Sentiments stamp set
Distress Inks: Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch
Nuvo Mousse - Powder Blue
Canson XL Watercolor cardstock
Color Copy 300 gsm cardstock
Rayher Glitter cardstock
Spatula
Ranger Mini Ink Blender
White glue


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Deliziosa

Brawny said...

Stunning card x

Chriss America Real said...

This is such a sweet card! I should make something like this for my husband he always has to go on a business trip right around Christmas .

Hugs,

Chriss